Friday, June 23, 2017

1997, 1992 Colorado Cyclist catalogs


I hung onto this catalog cause it seemed cool at the time.  Summer 1997, I had just finished my B.S. in General Engineering, didn't have any job lined up yet, was half living in a friend's basement 1 bed apartment who was away for the summer on an internship, he'd already leased the place in May for his upcoming year starting grad school so I didn't have to spend as much time in my own $260/mo efficiency 1 room apartment.  Big arms on the cover guy, Rockshox Judy SL, Ringle parts, 20 years later I have my own 1996 Rockshox Judy XC to play around with from a bike I rescued from the trash (turns out 1996 Judy forks actually aren't that good).
 
Back then I thought this guy's hair was cool

 
Another one I held onto because the cover seemed creative.  Summer before high school senior year.  8-speed Dura Ace/Campy Record, probably Bullseye pulleys and Phil Wood hubs on there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment